Do you have an idea? Then let’s make it happen!
Producer in Residence is a new internship and mentoring program for an emerging producer of live events. The residency will provide a space and time with an experienced mentor, Artback NT’s Performing Arts Manager, to deliver their project. Support will also be provided in promoting the work of the producer.
There is no age limit to this residency but applicants must meet the definition of ‘emerging’.
The successful applicant will receive the following support
• a budget of $5,000 towards the delivery of the project
• a producer stipend to the value of $5,000
• use of Artback NT’s Darwin office resources (including computer and wi-fi)
• advice and support from Artback NT’s Performing Arts Manager in aspects related to producing and delivery of live events
• expressions of interest close Monday, 21 June 2021
• the successful applicant will be announced Monday, 28 June 2021
• project to be delivered by Thursday, 30 June 2022
The successful Producer in Residence will be chosen through an application process. This can be done through an online, written, video, or verbal process that addresses the Application Questions. The panel will consist of experienced producers who work independently or within an arts organisation in Darwin.
The applicant must be an ’emerging’ producer who has:
• delivered no more than four public outcomes of their work
The residency is for a ‘producer’ of live events. Support will be provided to make the ‘idea’ a reality.
This includes the sourcing and management of resources:
The ‘project’ must have a live performance outcome and can be in one of the following genres:
• a mix of one or more of the above genres
The ‘idea’ can be yours, or that of another artist. If the project idea is someone else’s, please make sure you include the details in your application.